I remember when Crystal and I would listen to the Wicked CD over and over while I lived in Belmont. I remember that I was super jealous when she went out to New York City and went on and on about how great the musical was. Well, soon after I was able to go see it in San Francisco and later I saw it again and again and again.
I remember when my parents got me tickets and I sat on the edge of my seat during the whole show. I was absolutely mesmerized. I love broadway musicals. However, this was one of the best that I had ever witnessed. During this song, I was particularly moved. I got very teary eyed. I couldn't believe that I was unfamiliar with the song. However, that's not unusual for me since I hardly ever get to the end of my CD's. I soon had this song on instant replay.
Well, it turns out that Wicked ended up doing a lottery system where you put your name in a raffle. If your name is drawn you can get up to two tickets for $25. I soon discovered that the secret to winning was to scrunching the paper to get your name drawn. I ended up going to see the show an additional five more times. It actually was neat because I soon realized who I liked singing which part. In fact, I learned that Patty Duke plays an awful Madame Morrible. She was indeed horrible. However, I did like David Gene Garrison (from Married with Children fame) as the Wizard of Oz.
This song makes me think of all the great people that I have had an impact on my life. In fact, I always thought this would be an appropriate song to sing at my wedding to let people know that So much of me, Is made from what I learned from you, you'll be with me, like a handprint on my heart. And now whatever way our stories end, I know you have re-written mine, by being my friend...
I truly have been changed For Good by the people that have placed their handprints on my heart. I wish I could thank everyone individually for their positive influences and how they have helped me become who I am. Really, I am a better person because of all the great influences that have shaped me. So to all those who have been a part of my life, thank you. You may not realize it but I am sure I have been changed for the better.
The Original Song;
Here is the story behind the song.
Here is a video of Daria and my attempt at the song:
and more recently when my cute friend Em was in town we went to one of my fave places in the city the Palace of Fine Arts. Please excuse my awful note. It was an impromptu concert:
2 comments:
Where's the like button?
I haven't seen many musicals, but I doubt I'll ever see one that I loved as much as Wicked. Thanks for posting all these videos - I watched them all & they all made me teary eyed cuz I love this song too! Good pick!
Post a Comment