Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 3: Earliest Memories: Clayton (Kindergarten and Before)



Thanks to facebook, I just found my childhood crush. He was much dreamier as a four your old or whatever age I was. The only thing I remember is someone egging me on to kiss my crush Kody. This most likely had to be my three older brothers. So after chasing Kody around the cultural hall, I pinned him down and started kissing him all over. I may have even had help to keep him tied down so that I can accomplish the operation. I don't think I stopped until someone pryed me off, most likely an adult. I'm okay that things didn't work out between us even though he is my first crush that I can remember.

The other memory I have is at Joel's house. An older sister was babysitting and she told us to kiss and she then ordered her even littler brother and my younger sister to kiss. They did. I think Marisa was 2 at the time. I remember the upstairs of the house and coveting the fact that he had a big giant stuffed animal like the type you win at the county fair.

I remember:
* Going to Sizzler for Mother's Day
* Peeling off the coating on the sliding glass door and the terrible smell but picking at it over and over again because I was obsessed.
* Getting stung by a bee.
* Learning to ride my bike on a black bike next to Pamela's house and being super scared since there was a steep incline. Only to go back and realize that my perspective was from 3 feet.
* Driving around on my blue and pink big wheel in the garage.
* Packing up the house when we left Clayton
* Watching my brother's play Pac-man in the room next to the garage.
* The night I stayed in the hospital and talking to my parents on the phone before I went to bed and being scared. Later being bribed a grape Popsicle from the nurses while taking my bath. I also remember having a play phone there too which had the old school dials.
* My mom driving me to swim team practice and putting ear drops in my ears and how much it hurt.
* Doing a potato sack race near the Dana Hills Clubhouse.
* Clayton Pumpkin Patch.
* The type of plant (don't know the name) of the stuff that grew outside our fence on the greenbelt.
* Falling multiple times on the high chairs when leaning back and the type of chairs we had. Then being scolded for leaning back in my chair.
* Where I sat for my brother's play Tom Sawyer.
* Chuck-E-Cheese & Straw-Hat-Pizza
* Playing in the courtyard of my mom's hospital room around the time my sister was born and getting a new doll to take care of.
* Wheeling my big wheel around the Wentzel's track in their backyard.
* Quarters in birthday cakes.
* Across the street from Dr. Gardner's dental office was the General Store and there were biker men that always hung out in the front. I remember the treasure box and Friend magazine at Dr. Gardner's offfice.
* Receiving underwear for my birthday, being super embarrassed about it and throwing a temper tantrum because there were boys at my birthday party, including Joel.
* Having chicken pox and my mom putting ointment on me.
* The tile in the entry way of our old house.
* Making homemade ice cream in Ms. Coverdale's class.
* Mary Lou Rhetten on a Wheaties box
* Crying because I didn't want to be at the Tobler's house since I wanted my mom and screaming at the top of my lungs. Only to be told that I was really tired. I didn't think she was right. However, I remember waking up and feeling extremely defeated.
* Singing with Brand New Sound my first snippet of a solo "My Favorite Things" and being told that we would be on the news that evening. My first ever cameo with the public. Little did I know the promising future I would have later in life.

Again these are the memories that I recall. They may be skewed but this is what I remember.

No comments: