
It feels like yesterday when my father sat me down and told me that high school will go faster than a blink of an eye. So it did. I thought he was lying. Yet, as I get older time seems to move at an accelerated pace. Sometimes that is a good thing. However, I am learning that, that's not always true. On Saturday, I came across the quote I left with when I graduated high school (Class of '99). I have no idea where it came from but I felt it was very appropriate at this place in my life. It states, "Pause and remember the little things and don't wish that life will magically fast forward, because when it does the movie will be long over and you can't go back and rewind. Be good, be happy and CTR!!!" Yes, I am a dork with the last little bit. However, I liked reading that. How true it is the need to stop and slow down. How essential it is to soak and absorb the little moments in life. I really learned this last year during my car accident and death of my grandfather this principle. I guess that's kind of what has inspired this project. Looking back on the past and recognizing the blessings of my life. I figured this will help organize some of the monumental experiences in my life as well as some of the small yet significant things.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Early Years
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I was born to very goodly parents in the summer of 1981. I followed my three awesome brothers lead by taking the plunge to come down on earth. I don't have much recollection of the first few years of my life. However, I feel blessed to join a pretty amazing family. My parents are great examples to me. They taught me what is right and wrong and helped mold me into the person that I am. My father taught me the importance of hard work, being diligent and sticking things out. I have yet to master these concepts but his example is one that I hope to fully embrace someday. My mother taught me unconditional love, order and service. She is kind to all those she meets and loves everyone. Much of her hard work and sacrifice goes unnoticed. She has an amazing ability to be organized and efficient. I am so grateful that she has taught me the importance of order. I have always found myself very artsy and well, artistic people are usually all over the place. However, my mother has really helped me value order and structure in my own life.

My eldest brother, Big K helped bring out my competitive side. He has helped me not be a sissy and understand a little bit about men in general. Yet, he also has taught me that a real man can cry too. He is the type of guy that protects and I know that if anyone would do me wrong Big K will bust out a can of whoop a.

Next comes JerBear. My brother J is absolutely an incredible individual. Just like my father, J is more disciplined than the rest of us. He is the type of person that after working 15+ hours comes home and folds the laundry. I am constantly amazed at how much he sacrifices for his family. I see it in his lack of sleep, yet he never complains. He is extremely committed to his family, the gospel and his job.

Then comes J2. J2 and I had the hardest time getting along growing up. This is probably due to the fact that we are more alike than we ever wanted to be. J2 is very sincere. He is definitely the glue in the family. He plans very constructive and fun activities that help bond our family unit. He is incredibly brilliant. He knows everything and if doesn't know it, he'll soon figure it out and have an answer for you within moments.

I feel lucky to have three older, wiser and very protective brothers. They each are great fathers and husbands. I am grateful for the men that they are.

In 1984, the baby aka Chubbles joined the clan. Risa-Roo was the bestest friend a sister could dream of. How lucky I was to get a sister. Granted, we have had our share of fights. Yet, I have had a great playmate once she came into the picture. She is a natural leader and is one that people adore. She is the word beautiful, inside and out. Many times I wished I could be her, because she was that cool, talented and smart. She is a huge part of my life story as I'm sure I will discuss later.
So that's my fam-damily. These are the people who I have learned to grow with. I feel lucky that Heavenly Father has given me such choice beings to be surrounded by. I am grateful for the past and future memories that I have with them.
2 comments:
Love your family & especially you! I agree, it's so crazy how time has flown and how it seems like only yesterday you and I were having sleepovers and daydreaming about boys :).
Jamie, be prepared!!! You are in a lot of my stories, so get ready for some awkward pictures (I apologize now). By the way, I have some awesome journals that I think I need to send you to read. They are deliciously humorous and talk about "AMAZINGLY HOT" guys! HA HA!
Post a Comment